Mother’s day is a time to show your mother how much you appreciate and love her. But for those who have lost their mother, it can be a difficult, sad time. If you are someone who has lost your mother, our condolences are with you. We hope these suggestions will help you find peace and comfort on Mother’s day as you honor her.
* Light a candle in memory of your mother.
* Have a mother’s day dinner in honor of your mom.
* Reminisce about the wonderful times with your mother. Look through photos. Talk to your siblings and share stories and memories together.
* Plant flowers or make a memorial garden in loving memory of your mom.
* Make or purchase a special piece of jewelry or other commemorative that reminds you of your mother.
* Make a donation to a charitable cause in honor and memory of your mom.
* Visit her place of rest.
* Write her a note, and attach it to a mother’s day balloon, releasing it into the sky. (This is a very special way to involve children in honoring their mother)
These suggestions are offered to help you cope. Although the sadness is still with you, we hope that you will find peace on Mother’s day, holding the memories of your mom close to your heart.
If there is something you do to honor or remember your mother on Mother’s day, we would love to hear about it. Please feel comfortable in posting it below and helping others cope as well.